January 13-15th 2016
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
Claire Alexander (University of Manchester),
Catarina Kinnvall (Lund University),
Greg Noble (University of Western Sydney),
Ann Phoenix (University of London), and
Gurchathen Sanghera (University of St Andrews)
The Race, religion and migration: spaces, practices, representations conference brings together scholars, activists and practitioners who research matters of ethnicity, faith and mobility. It engages with an international community of scholars (including established, mid-career and emerging), policy-makers, practitioners and activists who share an interest in these topics, and who are working on issues of space, practice and/or representation (or at the intersections between two or all of these). The conference includes contributions which explore and demonstrate the social and political significance of issues of race, religion and migration, and engages with the multiple spaces in which these are constructed, contested and represented.
We welcome a range of empirical, conceptual and policy-focused papers from different disciplines across the social sciences. We welcome papers that connect with the conference title and particularly encourage submissions on the following themes:
- Everyday multiculturalism
- Intersections of race, religion and migration with gender, sexuality, class and age
- Childhood, youth and ethnic/religious diversity and difference
- Embodied experiences of, and negotiations of, racialised and religious difference
- Representing race, religion and/or migration in different contexts
- Islamophobia and racism
- Local, regional, urban and national patterns and processes
- Critical reviews of policies about race, religion and migration
We also welcome suggestions for alternative forms of presentations/sessions.
If you would like to present at this conference, you should send a title and abstract (250 words maximum) to email@example.com by Thursday 10th September.
To register, please go to: http://whttp://webstore.ncl.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&catid=52&prodid=408